Blame it on all those bingeworthy episodes of The Golden Girls you’ve been watching lately, and it’s no surprise that you’ve developed a discerning taste for cheesecake. That’s right, seeing Blanche, Dorothy, Rose, and Sophia eating cheesecake in almost every episode might have made the creamy cake your dessert de jour. And while you might have eaten cheesecake adorned with syrupy strawberries, you might not have had this deliciousness served inside a strawberry. This recipe for cheesecake stuffed strawberries puts the fruit in front with a yummy center filled with cheesecake and adorned with graham cracker crumbs.
On its own, cheesecake is pretty much a perfect dessert. The only caveat to the decadent dessert is that it’s not portable. Well, cheesecake stuffed strawberries can be perfectly portable, depending on the size of the sweet strawberries. And unlike a traditional cheesecake, which can take over an hour or more to bake and settle, cheesecake stuffed strawberries come together in mere minutes, making it a quick and easy treat to make, especially when you’re looking for a dessert that you can make in a dash — and doesn’t require an oven, either.
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, washed and dried
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 6-8 graham crackers, crushed
- Slice off the strawberry stems.
- Using a small melon baller or teaspoon, create a small hole in the center of the strawberry.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, beating with an electric hand mixer until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla until incorporated.
- Select either a pastry bag or a gallon-sized plastic bag. (If using a plastic bag, snip off corner.)
- Add cheesecake filling mixture to bag, and fill strawberries to top.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving.