When your kiddos come home from school, they’re in search of one thing: snacks. And while you could hit up your pantry for some pretzels, chips, or cookies, why not DIY your next snack sesh? This 3-ingredient snack for kids is as simple as picking out pretzels, melting some chocolate, and sprinkling on the toppings.
Pretzels make an excellent option for this 3-ingredient snack for kids. After all, they’re easy to hold, and the chocolate bonds well to the pretzel. After that, the sky’s the limit when it comes to toppings. Of course, you can go with traditional sprinkles, but chopped nuts or even mini chocolate chips would work well for this recipe.
The best part: this snack comes together in mere minutes, which means your kids won’t complain that they’re starving to death while they wait for it to cool. And frankly, they don’t even have to: you can skip the sprinkles and just dunk the pretzels in the chocolate (or if you’re going for something healthier, you can use yogurt instead).
Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- 15 pretzels
- 8 oz. melting chocolate
- sprinkles or other toppings
- Lay pretzels on non-stick cookie sheet.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler until it has a smooth consistency.
- Working quickly, dip half of pretzel into melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle your choice of toppings on chocolate.
- Let set for at least 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.