Whether it’s the beach, lake, or even a pretty pond, hitting up some sort of body of water is typically a traditional summertime activity. While splashing and swimming are certainly exciting, though, the end result (i.e. sand in your swimsuit) isn’t always the way you want to end a day of fun in the sun. Well, you can have all the thrills of a beach day — but without getting your car full of sandy residue — with this sand pudding dessert that serves up the best of summer.
When you’re looking for something to satisfy that sweet tooth during summer, pudding can be perfect. It doesn’t require you to turn on the oven and when served cold, it’s totally delicious. What’s even more yummy, though, is making a dessert that symbolizes summer in a sweet way. This no-bake sand pudding dessert literally looks like the real thing. Nilla wafers and Oreos help to make the sand look realistic. And you’ll win extra bonus points with your kiddo by serving it in a (clean) child-size plastic pail — be sure to stick in a shovel for added effect that everyone will adore.
Sand Pudding Recipe
- 1 package Nilla wafers
- 5-10 Oreos
- 2 4 oz. boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 1 12 oz. container Cool Whip
- Prepare pudding according to instructions. Put in refrigerator for 15 minutes to cool.
- In a food processor, add Nilla wafers and 5 Oreos. Pulse until the cookies turn into crumbs that resemble sand. If needed, add extra Oreos.
- Remove vanilla pudding from fridge and fold in Cool Whip.
- In a plastic sand pail, alternate layers of pudding mixture and sand, making sure that the top layer ends with sand.
- Add shovel and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.