With so many hours dedicated daily to dancing, it doesn’t leave a lot of time for cooking. Jeanette Cota from the hit show Dance Moms has a super simple, yet super delicious recipe for creamy potato soup that cooks up quickly. “We love making this recipe because you can either do it on the stove top or crockpot,” says Cota. “It’s a great soup for busy families. I try to always have dinner ready before I leave to go to the studio, because the whole family is in and out so many different times. It’s a good way for my husband and son to have a warm home-cooked meal, and Ava and I take ours to studio!”
Creamy Potato Soup Recipe
Creamy Potato Soup
- 7-8 potatoes
- 2 cartons chicken broth
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 tsp. garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 2 tsps. chicken base or bouillon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and peel potatoes, then dice into small pieces.
- Put the potatoes in a large pot with the garlic and onions and sauté.
- Cover potatoes in chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken base, stirring in well.
- Cook on medium heat until potatoes are tender and soup is thicker.
- Add corn and cream cheese, stirring frequently until cream cheese is stirred in. (You may have to use a wisk to get the lumps out.)
- Add bacon and cheddar cheese for a topping if desired.