Whether it’s raining men or cats and dogs, The Weather Girls’ Martha Wash finds that serving her famous Spaghetti Casserole can chase the clouds away. “My mom cooked this recipe for my dad many years ago. It’s something that I’ve loved and cooked,” says Martha. “She called it “Spaghetti Casserole” because she baked it in the oven. I just use a big skillet for an easy one-pan meal.”
- 1 16 oz. package spaghetti or any pasta
- 1 can pinto beans (or any beans you like)
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 16 oz. cans tomato sauce (if you can find a spicy Mexican-style sauce, that's even better!)
- 1 16 oz. package shredded cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- In a skillet, cook the ground beef and drain it.
- Combine the meat, beans, corn and tomato sauce.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add spaghetti, cheese, and toss.
- Serve immediately.