When we ask our cover celebs for a recipe for our super popular Yum Eats column, we often get a wide variety of responses. Some are very very sweet (like Overnight Caramel French Toast) to a recipe for “Old Soup.” But when the boys of Big Bang Boom sent us their recipe for a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, we had to laugh. Sure, it’s straight-forward and simple, but really, they’re right. There truly is nothing more delish than a PB&J. Pair it with a big glass of non-fat milk and some carrot sticks, and you have a simple yet satisfying meal.
Big Bang Boom’s Recipe for the Ultimate Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tbsp jelly
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Lay 2 slices of bread next to each other on a plate.
- Open a jar of peanut butter (I prefer chunky) and use a knife (a dull one! be careful!) and scoop out a knife-full of peanut butter…then leave the lid off the peanut butter jar.
- Spread the peanut butter on one slice of bread.
- Open jar of jelly and scrape the remaining peanut butter off the knife onto the inner edge of the jelly jar.
- Pick up the jelly jar, tilt it towards the other slice of bread and scrape a substantial amount of jelly out of the jar onto the bread.
- Spread the jelly around on the bread, be sure some spills over the edge of the bread.
- Leave the jelly jar open.
- Scrape the excess jelly off the knife on the inner edge of the open peanut butter jar.
- Leave the jars open and on the counter, leave the knife on the counter, and carry the sandwich (without the plate) to the couch to eat while watching TV.
- Take a nap.
Says the members of Big Bang Boom: “We love this because its easy, you don’t have to clean up, there is no using an oven, there’s no mixing anything, there are only 3 ingredients, and NOTHING is better than a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. NOTHING.”