Steve Borne, of Princess Katie and Racer Steve fame, submitted a delish recipe for super chunky guacamole. And even better? He wrote a super funny intro so we didn’t have to! Here it is:
“Here is my super chunky guacamole recipe. Seriously, you can’t talk to anyone at a party until this stuff is gone. They are all too busy stuffing their faces with it.”
10 small radishes
1/2 bunch cilantro
1/4 – 1/2 medium red onion
2 whole jalapeño peppers
large crystal salt
1) Chop radishes and onion to 1/4″ dice. Set aside in separate bowls.
2) Finely chop cilantro.
3) Finely chop jalapeños with seeds (if you are averse to spicy, leave out seeds, but it’s much better with it in my opinion). You can adjust the heat by using seeds from one and not the other pepper. ALSO, DON’T RUB YOUR EYES AFTER CHOPPING THE PEPPERS. (Don’t ask how I know…)
4) Juice 2 limes.
5) Halve and peel the avocados.
6) Put avocados, radishes, cilantro, onions and jalapeños into large bowl. Bowl should be a few inches taller than the sum of the ingredients.
7) Mash and mix until fully mixed but not too smooth. You want the avocado to have some chunks left.
8) Mix in the lime juice.
9) Add salt to taste.
10) Serve with chips.
Don’t mix it up too much, it should be a bit chunky. Make sure the bowl is big enough. I like to refrigerate it covered for a 1/2 hour before serving. Throw one of the avocado pits into the bowl to keep it from getting brown. If you don’t refrigerate it, it will still be awesome!