Davy Jones and his wife Jessica enjoy making beautiful music — and Cuban food — together. Among The Monkees’ singer’s favorite recipes from her repertoire is Jessica’s signature dish, Fish Stew. Says Davy: “I love Jess’ Fish Stew because she combines all my favorite things into one meal.”
Jessica Pacheco-Jones' Fish Stew
- 2 pieces tilapia
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 10 small green olives
- 1/4 cup cooking wine
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Put the fish and all the other ingredients except the carrots and potatoes in a large saucepan.
- Add just enough water to cover the fish.
- Bring to a boil and then add the potatoes and carrots.
- Cook for at least ten minutes.
- Serve with white rice and Cuban bread.