Fabu kids’ singer/songwriter Joanie Leeds shared her recipe with Celebrity Parents Magazine for her favorite French toast. Says Joanie: “My favorite food growing up and to this day (for breakfast at least) is French Toast. My mom used to make it for me when I would refuse to eat nothing else. Now, I often make this for special breakfasts when I don’t have a gig and actually have time to cook!”
But before you drown this delish recipe in store-bought maple syrup, think again. “The trick is the real maple syrup,” says Leeds. “Aunt Jemima and her friends just don’t make the cut!”
Cinnamon Raisin French Toast
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 8 slices of cinnamon raisin bread
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- maple syrup
- sliced fresh strawberries
- Beat eggs, then add milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Dip the bread, one slice at a time, covering both sides so the bread becomes soaked with eggy goodness.
- Then place bread in pan heated to medium with melted butter.
- Add more butter between bread slices as necessary.
- Top with maple syrup and fresh strawberries.