Lasagna recipes are typically loaded with lots of yummy ingredients like cheese, sauce, noodles, and meat — but it’s not necessarily the healthiest meal to make. Well, Christie Rampone, captain of the United States Women’s National Soccer Team, has created a turkey lasagna recipe that is big on flavor but not the fat.
- 1 16 pz. package lasagna noodles
- 1/5 lbs. ground turkey meat
- 1 package dry spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 egg
- 1 pint nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 16 oz. package shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook meat and drain.
- Add dry mix, paste, and 1 paste size can of water.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1 egg with 3/4 of the cottage cheese.
- Boil noodles and rinse with cold water.
- Layer noodles on bottom of the pan, 1/2 of the cottage cheese and egg mix, layer meat mixture, layer of cheese. Repeat above for the next 4 layers.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, then let sit for 10 minutes and serve.