Find a child who doesn’t like French fries, and, welp, you’re just not going to. But too much of the salty, oil-soaked spuds can take a toll not just on meal planning, but their health, too. Actress Dana Barron (who played daughter Audrey in the film National Lampoon’s Vacation) takes her family’s love of taters and turned it into a totally tasty — and elevated — potato poppers recipe. With better-for-you ingredients like oregano, olive oil (and woot, white wine), these potato poppers are perfect to serve at parties, or for a weekday dinner. Even the pickiest of eaters will be pleased.
- 1 lb. new potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Boil potatoes for 5-6 minutes.
- Slice potatoes lengthwise and dab with olive oil.
- On a single baking sheet, place potatoes in oven and cook until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- While baking, saute garlic in olive oil until golden brown.
- Pour garlic and olive oil into a bowl and add in all the ingredients.
- Once potatoes are baked, dab mixture on top of potatoes.
- Serve immediately.