For diehard Star Wars fans, there’s one day out of the year that’s particularly important — and that’s May 4th. The reason: May the 4th is a play on the popular Star Wars phrase, “May the force be with you.” So if you’re looking for a way to celebrate Star Wars Day in style, you might start by making something out of this world to eat. And these Baby Yoda deviled eggs are the perfect app to serve for Star Wars Day.
Deviled eggs are delicious any time of the year, but they’re even more awesome (and delish) when served on May the 4th. They’re fairly simple to make, since it’s essentially the same recipe you might use to make deviled eggs. The only difference is that you’ll need to add on some embellishments (in the form of celery and peppercorns) to create The Child. Once prepared, they might just be too adorable to eat.
May the force be with you as you prepare these super cute Baby Yoda deviled eggs.
Baby Yoda Deviled Eggs
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ripe avocado
- 16 peppercorns
- 1/2 celery stalk
- Boil eggs until done.
- Once cooled, remove the egg shells.
- Slice eggs horizontally, and scoop out the yolks with a spoon and place them in a bowl.
- Mash the yolks and the avocado together and then add the mayonnaise.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag or a sandwich baggie.
- Cut a small triangle-shaped at one of the corners and then pipe one larger round ball into the egg shell, and then pipe a second smaller ball on top.
- Cut celery stalk into ¼ inch triangles to form the ears and stick them on either side of the top ball.
- Place two peppercorns into the top ball to make Baby Yoda’s eyes.
- Chill for at least 15 minutes to set, and then serve.