Looking for a side dish that everyone can eat? Well, medium Lisa Williams shared her recipe for lentil curry. Full of good-for-you ingredients like baby spinach, garlic, onion, and of course, lentils, this dish is divine, and very easy to make. It works as a side dish or even an entrée when served over rice.
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 lb. red lentils
- 1 large bag baby spinach
- 1-2 tbsp. curry paste
- 1 small can tomato puree
- 1-2 vegetable stock cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Boil 1 pint water in a suitable pot.
- Add diced onions, mushrooms and let soften in simmering water.
- Add lentils and more water to cover.
- Bring to boil then simmer until lentils soften. (Make sure that the water does not dry out.)
- Add puree, vegetable stock, garlic and curry paste, cover pot and let simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add approx 1/4 pint water and spinach and let simmer for 5 minutes until spinach is cooked.
- Serve with rice.