With its luscious layers of cheese, pasta, and meat, there’s so much to love about lasagna. But even though the Italian entrée is often thought of as the star of supper, it can also be a dessert, too, thanks to this chocolate lasagna recipe. The no-bake dessert comes together in about 30 minutes, and features kid-friendly ingredients, like Oreos, chocolate pudding, and a creamy, dreamy layer that looks like cheese but is actually a version of cheesecake.
If you’re looking for a way to include your kiddos in the kitchen, breaking out a chocolate lasagna recipe is one surefire way to accomplish that. For starters, kids can take turns placing the Oreos in a gallon-sized Ziplock bag — and then smashing them with a rolling pin. For older kids, they can hold the hand mixer while they whip the instant chocolate pudding. And littles can have their hand at smoothing out each additional layer of yumminess after it’s been refrigerated.
So if you’ve been looking for a way to dress up dessert, this chocolate lasagna recipe is the way to go. And just like a traditional lasagna, it’s even more delish the next day — if you have any leftovers, that is.
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 6 tbsp. melted butter or margarine
- 4 tbsp. milk
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 8 oz. containers Cool Whip
- 2 3.9 oz. packages instant chocolate pudding
- 2 3/4 cups 1% milk
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Place Oreos (with cream center) into a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. (You can also use a Ziplock bag and a rolling pin.)
- Add melted butter and mix to combine.
- Spread Oreo mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Use a spatula or measuring cup to press the crumbs evenly.
- Place the baking dish into the fridge for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Place the softened cream cheese into a medium-sized bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until it’s soft and fluffy.
- Add milk and powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Gently fold in one of the two Cool Whip containers into the cream cheese.
- Take the baking dish out of the fridge and spread the cream cheese mixture gently on top of the Oreo crust.
- Place the baking dish back in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- While the mixture is setting up, prepare the chocolate pudding according to the package instructions.
- Remove the baking dish from the fridge and gently spread the chocolate pudding on top.
- Place back in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Once the mixture is set, gently spread the other Cool Whip on the top and then sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top.
- Set for another 20 minutes and then serve.