Create a delicious dessert with the Duncan Hines Frosting Creations. This tempting pastry is perfect as a summer snack. Or pair with champagne and enjoy as an after-you-put-the-kids-to-bed dessert with your sweetie.
Duncan Hines Champagne Strawberry Shortcake Squares
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup champagne
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 container Duncan Hines Strawberry Shortcake Frosting Creations
- fresh strawberries to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 12 x 17 sided sheet pan.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, oil, champagne and water.
- Pour batter into prepared sheet pan.
- Bake as directed, 18-22 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely and remove from pan by flipping pan upside down.
- Cut cake in half exactly down the middle.
- Frost the top only of one half of the cake with Duncan Hines Strawberry Shortcake Frosting Creations.
- Place the other half of the cake on top of the frosted half.
- Cut the layered cake into 12 rectangles and chill for 30 minutes.
- Decoratively frost the top only of the Strawberry Shortcake Squares and garnish with a fresh strawberry.